Below is a list of links to the the  NT Government Department of Lands and Planning building factsheets.  This is where you can find current policies for your buiding or upgrading needs.  
  1. Building approval
  2. Building or renovating altering or relocating your home (**also needs to comply with the new Energy Efficiency.  **See www.homestaraustralia.com.au
  3. Building a garden shed, Carport, Fence or shade structure
  4. Installing a skylight, roof ventilator or satellite dish
  5. What is a self-Certifier?
  6. Refurbishing or renovating wet areas
  7. How do I continue with certification after an unforseen event?
  8. Residential building contracts
  9. Can I live in a shed, or can I convert my shed into a house
  10. Building inside and outside building control areas
  11. What is an increase in floor area or extension?
  12. What is prescribed work?
  13. Warning for prospective owner-builders
  14. Viewing building records through the building approvals online
  15. Home building certification fund
  16. Completing Certification for your residential property and/or attached structures

** Did you know that since 2010 you are required to obtain an energy efficiency on all alterations to existing houses and it must achieve a 5 star rating?  Ray is also a Thermal Performance Assessor and can help you achieve this rating.  Below is a link to the NT Government Building note.