Below is a list of links to the the NT Government Department of Lands and Planning building factsheets. This is where you can find current policies for your buiding or upgrading needs.
- Building approval
- Building or renovating altering or relocating your home (**also needs to comply with the new Energy Efficiency. **See www.homestaraustralia.com.au
- Building a garden shed, Carport, Fence or shade structure
- Installing a skylight, roof ventilator or satellite dish
- What is a self-Certifier?
- Refurbishing or renovating wet areas
- How do I continue with certification after an unforseen event?
- Residential building contracts
- Can I live in a shed, or can I convert my shed into a house
- Building inside and outside building control areas
- What is an increase in floor area or extension?
- What is prescribed work?
- Warning for prospective owner-builders
- Viewing building records through the building approvals online
- Home building certification fund
- Completing Certification for your residential property and/or attached structures
** Did you know that since 2010 you are required to obtain an energy efficiency on all alterations to existing houses and it must achieve a 5 star rating? Ray is also a Thermal Performance Assessor and can help you achieve this rating. Below is a link to the NT Government Building note.